TERRACOTTA tiles, whitewashed walls and breathtaking mountain views; imagine your perfect Spanish idyll, and you’re probably thinking about Jimena de la Frontera.
Nestled about 20 miles inland from Sotogrande, the town is bordered by two rivers and the amazing Los Alcornocales Natural Park.
The area’s outstanding natural beauty, location and excellent transport connections has made it popular with expats working in Gibraltar as Karen Banham, managing director of Andalucia Country Houses, knows only too well.
“In the last 12 months the real estate market has really picked up,” she said.
“Our portfolio here has expanded from four to 150 in the Jimena area in the last two years.
“This is an area that has wonderful natural beauty and is close to all the main cities.”
The lure of the Spanish countryside has made Jimena popular with artists and those looking to experience a real taste of Andalucian village life.
And the hillside town’s train station means Ronda or Antequera are just a short journey away.
But then again, who would want to venture too far from a place like Jimena de la Frontera?
Come and find out yourself and give give Karen a call on 00 34 956 648 016.
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00