THE second phase of a major road resurfacing programme in Gibraltar has been announced.
Work along Queensway South is now underway, with resurfacing at Harbour Views Roundabout completed earlier this year.
Many of the roads involved have not been resurfaced for years.
The first phase of the government programme was carried out in 2014 and included major works to Rosia road and Line Wall Road.
Minister for Transport, Traffic and Technical Services, Paul Balban said: “I am happy to see the necessary continued investment throughout our road infrastructure through the road resurfacing programme.
“This Government is committed to a proper dedicated annual maintenance programme that provides a safe standard to our road users.”
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- DON’T LEAF US THIS WAY: Brexit striking fear into hearts of ‘terrified’ farmers in Spain’s Andalucia - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00