SOTOGRANDE golfers raised a club in honour of the 25th anniversary of Joseph McMicking’s death.
Millionaire McMicking developed the first course in Sotogrande, the luxurious Royal Sotogrande Golf Club, in 1964.
Designed by the finest golf designer of the age, Robert Trent Jones, it gave Sotogrande a gilded golfing paradise for the elite.
McMicking later went on to design the Valderrama Golfing Club, rated Europe’s best course.
And a quarter of a century after McMicking’s death, the resort’s enduring popularity and beauty is a fitting tribute to McMicking’s vision.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00