MORE than 290,000 passengers from 207 cruise ships will have called in at Gibraltar this year.
Tourism Minister Samantha Sacramento said that is 27 more ships than last year, and includes 12 inaugural calls.
The minister was speaking in light of the MedCruise General Assembly in Sardinia, where Gibraltar was represented by its Port Authority and Tourist Board.
“We continue to pursue our policy of one-to-one contact with all the decision makers in the cruise industry, and the return on this endeavour is clear for all to see,” she said.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44