CRISTIANO Ronaldo’s mum considered having an abortion when she was pregnant with the Real Madrid star.
In Ronaldo, a revealing new film about the Portuguese forward’s life, Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro offers a candid insight into her relationship with her son.
The film also covers Ronaldo’s father’s alcoholism and offers a close-up view of his life off the pitch.
“I wanted to have an abortion but God did not want that to happen,” says his mother.
“Cristiano was an unwanted baby but he’s given me so much joy.”
Ronaldo agreed to a camera being fitted in the shower for the film, which is directed by the award-winning makers of Senna.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00