AT Hotel Arriadh you leave your worries at the door and relax among the breathtaking views of the Serrania de Ronda.
Set above the bustling village of Arriate, this stylish ‘zen-like’ retreat offers not just a warm welcome from its personable hosts Wilbert and John, but its location couldn’t be better to explore the nearby mountains.
The public areas are bright and airy with some fabulous outdoor terraces and grounds, now including an amazing infinity pool.
Bedrooms meanwhile, are designed with luxurious fittings and sumptuous king size beds to sink into, with small outdoor terraces maximising the stunning view towards the distance Grazalema National Park.
Sit on the balcony with a glass of wine, sit at your desk writing a postcard and, above all, wake up to one of the best backdrops in Spain.
There is an honesty bar, meals can be provided and the Wifi is about as good as anywhere in Spain. Yes, you hardly need to leave the place.
At the very least though, you should take a short stroll down to the village of Arriate below, which counts on dozens of excellent restaurants, including El Muelle, one of Andalucia’s best, not to mention atmospheric Taberna Manolo and Juntera Gin & Tonic.
There are plenty of good local shops, a series of historic ham factories that must be sought out and even an ancient cinema, which is now Los Caireles and easily the hippest bar in the Serrania.
Indeed, so much is on hand, you might not even need to visit Ronda, just five minutes up the road.
• Call 952114370 or visit www.arriadhhotel.com
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25