THE hunt for a notorious Costa del Sol conman has been stepped up after he left three UK transportation companies over €28,000 out of pocket.
Peter Ian Greenberg – who formerly lived in Nueva Andalucia and used the aliases Peter Green and Ian Berg – is wanted by a string of UK companies after using their services without paying up.
The Olive Press first reported on Greenberg in 2013 (right) after he lost five vehicles being transported on the same consignment, taking shipping payments totalling thousands from hapless expats.
Dozens of other victims have since stepped forward, accusing Greenberg’s former company Eurocar Transporters of swindling them out of thousands.
Darren Winn, managing director of Winn Transport, is now leading the search and is ‘desperate’ to track Greenberg down after Winn’s company transported four cars for Greenberg and never received payment.
“We are desperate to track him down,” Winn told the Olive Press. “We need to find him in order to rebuild our good name that Greenberg nearly destroyed.
“I had heard dubious things about him, but he met us in person and persuaded us he was trustworthy.”
Winn added: “We transported four cars on the promise that payment would be made before we hit the UK.
“It never materialised but we felt so sorry for the customers that we delivered them anyway, paying for the service out of our own pockets.”
Two other companies – who wish to remain anonymous – were also conned by Greenberg and are appealing for any information.
If you know of Greenberg’s whereabouts contact [email protected]
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36