PANIC is growing after a third alien space sphere plummeted onto a southern Spanish field.
The sinister dark orb landed in the village of Villavieja in Murcia to spark panic among residents.
Investigators wearing yellow biohazard suits approached the ball before it was taken away for investigation.
“I think it is a more serious issue than it seems. Citizens have real concerns about what is happening and deserve an explanation,” said Calasparra mayor, Jose Velez.
“Where are these objects coming from? Why are they falling here precisely? Will more fall?
“And what would happen if any of these balls fall into a highly populated area?”
And with local farmers claiming to have seen seven or eight fireballs hurtling across the sky, concern is high.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00