SNOW may be scarce on Spain’s south coast but preparing for the (moderately) big freeze is still essential for motorists.
If your car is parked outside during the worst of the winter months, or you’re planning to visit the interior or venture north, there are some simple steps you can take to keep it road ready.
Lights, heaters and wipers put high demands on the car battery and they have to work harder in colder weather. If your battery is over five years old it may be time to shop around for a replacement.
Also, top up your windscreen wash with a more concentrated mix of antifreeze and give locks a quick spray with WD40.
In the event of being stranded, make sure you have a phone charger as well as blankets, a folding shovel, jump leads, towbar and tow rope. If colder weather is forecast, make sure you have a full tank of fuel, as you may need to keep the engine running to stay warm until help arrives.
Driving conditions can become challenging, so change to winter tyres to help with stopping.
• For more information contact Línea Directa on 902123282 or visit www.lineadirecta.com
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14