FOOTBALL has been uniting people across the globe from the days when a pig’s bladder was first kicked across a field in Scotland.
Almost 500 years later and Malaga football club is joining forces with the British Chamber of Commerce in Spain (BCCS) to attract the Andalucian expat community to the turnstiles.
A large contingent of British fans – known as the Guiri Army – already attend La Rosaleda stadium on a regular basis but this new collaboration aims to improve foreign investment in the club.
As the only independent Hispano-British business organisation, the BCCS can offer Malaga C.F exclusive networking and business development opportunities at over 50 events held across Madrid, Barcelona and Andalucia.
Vicente Casado, Director General at Malaga C.F. said: “Here, we care about being part of the international community and understand it is important to the game that we love.”
Regional Vice President of BCCS in Andalucia, Derek A. Langley, added: “I am confident that the collaboration will embrace the many British and foreign supporters who have taken the club to their hearts”.
To celebrate, an inaugural Christmas event will be held at La Rosaleda Stadium on December 16, with a variety of businesses represented.
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04