SPANISH authorities have removed the body of a 49-year-old woman who was dead for five years before being discovered.
The body of the woman, indentified only as Pilar M, was spotted by builders doing work on the outside of her building in central Cadiz on December 1.
The workmen immediately alerted the fire brigade who broke in to find her skeletal form surrounded by birds who had entered the room through the window.
A background check revealed the woman, a nurse, had been off work for mental problems, was an only child with deceased parents and no family in the area.
Her body was at an advanced state of decomposition where only her bones were visible, and have now been transferred to Cadiz’s forensic institute.
The flat, number 33 of Calle Columela, had neither water nor electricity, due to unpaid bills.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25