A WORLD champion Spanish middle distance runner has been stripped of her 2009 title and handed a three-year doping ban.
Drug cheat Marta Dominguez, 40, was accused in 2013 of abnormalities in her blood passport.
She was cleared in 2014 by the Spanish athletics federation, where she had been vice-president.
But the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) has overturned that ruling on appeal and removed Dominguez’s steeplechase title.
The appeal was lodged by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and governing body the IAAF.
All Dominguez’s results between August 2009 and July 2013 have been declared void, including her Berlin 2009 gold and 2010 European 3,000m steeplechase silver medal.
She had previously been acquitted in 2011 during the Operation Galgo investigation into Spanish doping.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00