THE mother of missing Amy Fitzpatrick, Audrey Mahon, says she needs her husband David Mahon to travel to Portugal with her to cope with stress.
David is awaiting trial for the murder of Audrey’s son Dean Fitzpatrick and Irish courts have refused to grant David bail to travel abroad.
Audrey says she needs to travel to combat her depression and that she will not be able to travel alone due to her medical condition.
“I need him with me,” she said. “He is my full-time carer. If I get the holiday on my own I can’t go. He has looked after me since all this happened.”
He had been granted similar bail in September where he travelled to the Costa del Sol to attend a service for Amy.
However, his bail has been denied this time, with Detective Eddie Carroll concerned that Mahon is a ‘flight risk’.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36