IT is the one place that most tourists to Marbella insist on being seen at.
With its bustling terrace, stylish interior and enough entertainment to keep, well, half of the premiership and TOWIE engrossed, it is no surprise La Sala has seen fabulous growth this year.
Now in its fifth year, the emblematic Banus restaurant has seen an upturn of nearly 20% on 2014 and counts regularly over 400 covers a day.
And it is no surprise, the way the 500m-plus square restaurant ticks the boxes with its clever balance of stardust, price and quality.
On a recent busy Sunday, punters were clamouring to get a table on the roundabout, where leading estate agent Kristina Szekely used to have her HQ.
A line up of singers were on hand to entertain the clientele mostly piling into the excellent Sunday roast menu, with its four special starters and six main courses, alongside the usual trimmings.
But they hardly really needed to, with the food being good enough to stand up and be counted on its own.
On a weekend outing with my children and their grandma, we were quickly tucking into a big bowl of suitably crunchy home-made pork scratching, which the kids loved.
Their own special children’s menu proved popular too and my son’s cod and chips, with proper crinkly cut chips, created the weekend’s biggest smile.
Service was professional and quick and the extra information given out with the wine list was useful and, if anything, weighted towards the better value bottles.
Eschewing the popular Sunday roast offering for the normal a la carte menu, I was impressed with the sizeable range of starters, which includes delicious Panko-coated butterfly king shrimps served with homemade mild curry mayonnaise.
A beef carpaccio with Pecorino cheese and an olive tapenade and sun-dried tomatoes was surprisingly fresh, while the parcels of smoke salmon, with avocado, lettuce and capers and horseradish mayonnaise was a distinct winner.
The scallop salad with bacon, rocket and citrus dressing was also excellent.
But it was my main course of beef ribs with bbq sauce – a long time favourite – continues to be the best such offering on the coast.
While it comes out in Texas proportions, it remains incredibly succulent and is enough to put the smile on the face of any professional footballer in need of sustenance.
Perhaps conceived by the Premiership boys, including Stephen Carr and David Bentley and Shay Given, who are key investors in the project, it certainly pulls no punches.
Hatrick to the gang at La Sala!
Special readers offer: Enjoy a Christmas shopping experience you’ll never forget!
THIS December join the La Sala team with some TAX FREE shopping in Gibraltar and stay over on the 5* luxury Sunborn Yacht Hotel.
This special package includes an overnight stay, breakfast, a 3-course Christmas dinner in La Sala with a complimentary glass of Cava, and two massages in the Infinity hotel Spa.
Also try your luck with a £10 free slot play in the hotel Casino.
All for an incredible £130 per person based on 2 people sharing.
Subject to availability, upgrades available. Super King yacht from £130
Quote ‘SALAXMAS15’ when booking.
Terms & Conditions:
* Three Course Christmas Set Menu. Price based on availability of standard rooms
**Double occupancy applies
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27