SPAIN’S tax agency has named and shamed thousands of debtors who owe billions of euros.
La Agencia Tributaria (AEAT)’s report reveals more than 300 people and around 4,500 businesses who owe €15.6 billion.
Sporting figures on the list include footballer former Barcelona player Gabriel Milito, MotoGP’s Dani Pedrosa and former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz.
Estate agents make up much of the debt, with the largest amount – €378 million – owed by Reyal Urbis.
The second highest debt is owed by construction company Nozar, who owe over La Agencia Tributaria (AEAT)’s203 million.
Football clubs Racing Santander, Recreativo de Huelva, Jérez, Murcia, Albacete and Alicante are also named.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00