REAL Madrid and city rivals Atletico Madrid have both been banned from registering players for the next two transfer windows.
FIFA has punished the two clubs for breaching rules over the transfer of minors.
Athletico, currently top of La Liga, were also fined €822,000 and third-placed Real were fined €476,000.
The ban does not affect the current transfer window which closes at the end of January.
Spanish rivals Barcelona have only just seen their own transfer embargo come to an end, after being punished by FIFA for breaching the same rules regarding minors.
However, the Catalan side still bought two players during the period, including Atletico’s Arda Turan, and left them unregistered and unable to play until this month.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44