PEDRO Sanchez has prepared a 50-page document that he will put to his Socialist PSOE party in case he is offered the chance to form a new government.
The PSOE leader is waiting for King Felipe to make the offer to him after PP leader Mariano Rajoy turned down the opportunity to form a government at the first investiture session.
Sanchez is working on the assumption that Rajoy will turn down a second opportunity to form a government which would leave the PSOE head in the driving seat.
The draft paper is believed to explore how the PSOE can reach out to parties Podemos and Ciudadanos, as well as the United Left and regional parties such as the Basque Nationalist Party (PNV) and the Canaries Coalition.
The document covers Spain’s economy, social policies, democratic regeneration and relations with the EU.
The date of the second investiture debate will be decided by Congress speaker Patxi Lopez and the PSOE expect that it be within three to four weeks.
If no coalition government can be formed Spain will face a second election later in the year.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00