“WHEN I do a ten-hour day it feels like a half day these days,” explains rushed-off-her-feet Katie Rawlins, of Breaking Spain.
Whether it’s explaining medical documents, translating in court cases or sorting out a driving licence, she does the lot… and the phone starts ringing before 9am and often doesn’t stop till 10pm.
“Chasing up ITVs, sorting out NIEs, enrolling kids at school, sorting out a problem with the electricity bill, getting on the padron, those are just some of the things I do,” she explains.
The all-round problem-solving magic lady/fixer/agony aunt has been helping expats in the Manilva area (and a long way beyond) for the last decade.
Married to a financier, based in Gibraltar, the 37-year-old Briton moved to the town 12 years ago, following in the footsteps of her mum.
Describing herself as an ‘anarchist gestor’, she spends her time running around helping her 200 odd clients that often give her just hours to get a job done.
As well as working for Premiership footballers and millionaire businessmen, Rawlins – whose grandmother is Spanish from Valencia – mostly helps the common man on the street.
“I only charge 25 euros to sort out a utility bill and I think I am very good value for what I manage to achieve,” she adds.
• Visit www.breakingspain.com or call 616 686 732
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- POLE POSITION: Property market expanding in Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38
- BREXIT: Everything British expats in Spain need to know - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 17:25
- Top 5 Travel Apps to Use in 2019 - 12 Feb, 2019 @ 09:14