“WHEN I do a ten-hour day it feels like a half day these days,” explains rushed-off-her-feet Katie Rawlins, of Breaking Spain.
Whether it’s explaining medical documents, translating in court cases or sorting out a driving licence, she does the lot… and the phone starts ringing before 9am and often doesn’t stop till 10pm.
“Chasing up ITVs, sorting out NIEs, enrolling kids at school, sorting out a problem with the electricity bill, getting on the padron, those are just some of the things I do,” she explains.
The all-round problem-solving magic lady/fixer/agony aunt has been helping expats in the Manilva area (and a long way beyond) for the last decade.
Married to a financier, based in Gibraltar, the 37-year-old Briton moved to the town 12 years ago, following in the footsteps of her mum.
Describing herself as an ‘anarchist gestor’, she spends her time running around helping her 200 odd clients that often give her just hours to get a job done.
As well as working for Premiership footballers and millionaire businessmen, Rawlins – whose grandmother is Spanish from Valencia – mostly helps the common man on the street.
“I only charge 25 euros to sort out a utility bill and I think I am very good value for what I manage to achieve,” she adds.
• Visit www.breakingspain.com or call 616 686 732
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23