WHEN Steve Davies took the English Bookshop on in Sabinillas a lot of eyebrows were raised ‘Good luck with that one’ were among many of the comments made.
However five years on and the transformation is almost complete. The ‘Sabinillas Bookshop’ as it is preferred to be called now boasts 28 bookshelves carrying secondhand books including crime, adventure, romance, saga biographies and many more.
Why change the name to Sabinillas Bookshop? Well, we also have books in Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Scandinavian etc so it is not just an English Bookshop!
As well as secondhand books we also have a huge range of greeting cards to cater for every occasion as well as partyware including badges, banners, table confetti, candles and sparklers. Our large selection of gift wrap, bags and tags compliment quirky gifts suitable for all ages. Daily newspapers are available and from May onwards we will be opening again on Sundays. Weekly and monthly magazines are also on sale in Spanish, English, German and French. The TV Choice magazine is available every Thursday so you can plan what’s on! Our PO Boxes are available to rent on a yearly basis and can be shared by up to four names per box.
A passport service is also available where passports are sent and brought back by courier, currently within a three week time frame.
In September 2015 Steve carried out a series of courses focusing on helium balloon decor which resulted in him becoming a member of the Qualatex Balloon Network and Certified Balloon Artist, which funnily enough a lot a people found hilarious, however according to Steve it was very intense! So, with newfound qualifications and fresh ideas Fantástico Celebrations and Events was born, which is the new name for our helium balloons. As well as offering balloons in bunches, we can also create balloon displays, such as balloon bouquets, columns of balloons staggered in heights and weighted at the base for floors or tables, and even balloon arches. Every balloon order is tailored to the individual. The options are endless since there are so many types and colours of balloons to choose from.
• Call in and speak to the ‘balloon artist’ or visit www.fantastico-es.com
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43