VALDERRAMA is just a few weeks away from hosting the 90th Spanish Open.
Real Club Valderrama Open de Espana hosted by the Sergio García Foundation will take place from April 14-17.
The first edition of the tournament was held in 1912 at Madrid Polo Golf Club, the first 18-hole golf course in Spain.
The 72-hole event was played over two days and won by the 1907 British Open Champion, the Frenchman Arnaud Massy.
The tournament left Madrid for the first time in 1942 to be played at San Cugat, just north of Barcelona.
Seve Ballesteros won in 1981, 1985 and 1995 with Alvaro Quirós and Miguel Angel Jiménez in 2010 and 2012 the most recent Spanish victors.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00