A SPANISH footballer is fighting for his life after being stabbed by opposition fans.
Playing for Alhaurin de la Torre’s B team, Samuel was rushed to hospital after he was stabbed in the chest by fans from El Palo’s B team.
Undergoing emergency surgery at Malaga’s Carlos Haya hospital, 24-year-old Samuel is said to be in a ‘stable but serious condition’.
The young footballer was set upon by a group of 10 fans after he had an on-field scuffle with a member of El Palo’s side.
The men jumped the advertising hoardings before setting upon Samuel and stabbing him in the chest.
Staff managed to get Samuel into the changing room where he collapsed from his injuries.
Police have identified the attacker.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36