MANUELA Carmena is adamant a landmark Madrid building will be refurbished by the Chinese-owned Wanda Group.
Reports had suggested Wanda was pulling out of a deal to renovate Edificio Espana, which it bought for €265 million from Santander bank in July 2014.
But the Madrid mayor has denied meeting with Wanda’s head to discuss the matter.
“Wanda is staying in Madrid,” Carmena said.
“They are delighted to stay and we are delighted they are staying.”
Wanda’s intention had been to turn the building into a shopping complex, but Madrid’s Local Historical Heritage Committee has said the facade and side wings of the building can not be removed.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00