MALAGA film festival will kick off this evening with a star-studded opening gala at the Cervantes theatre.
Previous guests include Robert Dinero and Antonio Banderas and this year the event will see the biggest stars of Spanish cinema walk the red carpet and greet the thousands of fans who will fill the streets.
Spain’s Natalia de Molina and Javier Gutierrez, who has starred in more than fifty films in the past 19 years, will present the opening gala tonight from 8.00pm.
The festival takes place at the headquarters on Calle Ramos Marin and showcases previously unseen feature-length films, shorts and documentaries.
It will also pay tribute to different personalities from the film-making industry and organise film series, exhibitions and parallel events.
It will run until May 1, when prizes for the best films will be awarded.
The festival has grown from strength to strength and many see it as a stepping stone for the region to become an international cultural hotspot.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14