IT is literally beautiful food, some of the prettiest dishes served on the coast… and with a venue to match!
With classic Michelin star panache Belgium Master chef Alexandre is a creative genius in the kitchen.
After a decade on the coast at the likes of Casanis and Casa Mono, he set up stunning Restaurant Alexandre – all contemporary lines and hip decorations – nearly two years ago.
Changing the menu by the day and working as seasonally as possible, it is only a matter of time before he wins some plaudits.
A largely undiscovered gem, hidden in a back-street in the hinterland between Estepona and Marbella, expect dishes like scallop carpaccio with seaweed and truffle sauce or poached egg with spinach and chanterelle mushrooms.
His turbot was in a word ‘wow’, while vitello tonnato with white veal and tuna with capers, gherghins, radishes and parmesan shavings was a delight.
There are some great French wines to match and some local chestnuts too. One to watch out for.
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48