A FORMER PP politician on corruption charges claims his wife blew the lid on Town Hall money laundering because she is mentally ill.
Alfonso Grau, an ex-deputy mayor in Valencia, said depression caused Maria Jose Alcon to make the claims to her son in a 2015 conversation, which was recorded by police.
Alcon allegedly outlined how dirty money from the PP could be used to fund the PP’s municipal election campaign that May.
Grau claims his wife’s admittance to hospital and her demotion to number 16 on the PP’s electoral list explain her actions.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00