DAVE Mahon Has been sentenced to seven years in prison for killing his stepson Dean Fitzpatrick.
The 45-year-old Irishman was found guilty of manslaughter last month after stabbing the brother of missing expat Amy Fitzpatrick.
Mahon was cleared of murder but found guilty of manslaughter at a trial last month.
The former Costa del Sol businessman admitted holding the knife that killed Dean but claimed it was an accident, and even suggested Dean wanted to walk onto the blade.
In an original sentencing hearing, Mahon’s wife Audrey said she had ‘forgiven’ Dave for killing her stepson outside their Dublin home in May 2013.
Dean’s sister Amy went missing from her Mijas home on New Year’s Day 2008.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36