THE champagne was flowing at the relaunch of Joe’s Bar in Marbella’s exclusive Puente Romano resort.
Nestled above the Michelin Star Dani Garcia restaurant Bibo and the ever-so-cool Uni, the newly refurbished bar was packed wall to wall with the who’s who of Marbs.
Director of food and drink for the Puente Romano group John Thomson told the Olive Press: “This new revamp is a blast from the past, we’re bringing the classic RnB club back to Marbella.”
The happening spot has been kitted out with designer lamps made from Campari bottles by famed Irish designer Andrew Martin, with a disco ball display and snooker table adding a retro edge.
Invited guests were treated to rounds of nibbles including lobster rolls, mini burgers, sushi, tempura prawns and tortilla.
The ever eccentric Dillyz – just Dillyz – who owned the original Joe’s Bar in Puerto Banus and who has overseen the relocation and revamp, was on deck to make sure everyone was having a good time.
“We have the coolest vibe here,” he told the Olive Press, “We’ve got beautiful people from all walks of life, I always say the most important thing is the crowd and we have the best crowd in the world.”
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36