SPANISH police have warned tourists of ecstasy pills that are five times stronger than usual.
Ninety of the lethal pills – just one of which contains enough MDMA to kill, according to police – were found during an arrest in Ibiza.
The pills were found to be imprinted with the Music On logo, a popular techno night at the Amnesia nightclub.
Spain’s National Police said in a statement: “The National Police in Ibiza has arrested two individuals, a Senegalese man aged 35 and a 24-year-old Moroccan, accused of stealing €11,500 (£9,800) from a hotel safe.
“The individuals gained the confidence of the victim and whilst one distracted him, the other managed to get into the area where the safe was and took the money inside.
“Days afterwards when he was arrested, one of the men had €3,500 (£2,985) on him and drugs including 90 ecstasy tablets, 23.79 grams of cocaine, 3.4 grams of MDMA and 48 grams of liquid ecstasy.
“The really alarming thing about this case is that an ecstasy tablet normally has about 80 milligrams of MDMA and in this case, the 90 pills which imitated the logo of a well-known Ibiza party, had 400mg.
“This amount is around five times the normal dose and a single tablet can produce death.
“Other serious side-effects include heart attacks, epileptic attacks, cardiac arrhythmia, and seizures as well as hyperthermia where the body temperature rises about 39 degrees Celsius.”
Police fear the fatal drugs may still be doing the rounds or are available on the black market.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40