IT was something of an exciting homecoming for a Costa-born actress, who has become one of the big hits in Hollywood this summer.
Millie Bobby Brown, 12, the surprise star of Netflix blockbuster Stranger Things, is the daughter of a former expat couple, Robert and Kelly Brown, once based in Marbella.
Now, the Spanish-born actress has been back to her roots with a family trip to Marbella this summer after becoming a household name overnight.
The Olive Press understands that her grandparents run a restaurant in Marbella and she spent a week here.
With little fanfare and with nobody recognising her, she is understood to have gone to Heaven Beach in Estepona, where she posted a video from a foam party, as well as various other outings undetected.
Millie moved to London when she was four, before moving to Orlando in Miami, in 2011, where her parents started a tooth-whitening business.
She shot to fame last month as the lead character in the Netflix drama, which also stars Wynona Rider.
She plays the part of a telekinetic girl in the show that is based around the disappearance of a young boy.
In its first 16 days, the sci-fi thriller was watched by more than 8.2 million people, outperforming the critics’ darling House of Cards.
Millie will return to LA in September when it is hoped a second season of the show will be announced.
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31