IT was something of an exciting homecoming for a Costa-born actress, who has become one of the big hits in Hollywood this summer.
Millie Bobby Brown, 12, the surprise star of Netflix blockbuster Stranger Things, is the daughter of a former expat couple, Robert and Kelly Brown, once based in Marbella.
Now, the Spanish-born actress has been back to her roots with a family trip to Marbella this summer after becoming a household name overnight.
The Olive Press understands that her grandparents run a restaurant in Marbella and she spent a week here.
With little fanfare and with nobody recognising her, she is understood to have gone to Heaven Beach in Estepona, where she posted a video from a foam party, as well as various other outings undetected.
Millie moved to London when she was four, before moving to Orlando in Miami, in 2011, where her parents started a tooth-whitening business.
She shot to fame last month as the lead character in the Netflix drama, which also stars Wynona Rider.
She plays the part of a telekinetic girl in the show that is based around the disappearance of a young boy.
In its first 16 days, the sci-fi thriller was watched by more than 8.2 million people, outperforming the critics’ darling House of Cards.
Millie will return to LA in September when it is hoped a second season of the show will be announced.
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10