CHEEKY chap Shane Richie is eyeing up a Costa del Sol retreat.
The Eastenders star has been viewing properties along the coast for the last two months, the Olive Press can reveal.
Originally interested in a beachside pad in Calahonda, Shane, 52, and his wife Christie Goddard are now viewing townhouses in their quest for a dream Spanish home.
No stranger to southern Spain, Shane – famous for playing Alfie Moon in Eastenders – appeared on hit TV show Benidorm for a one off cameo appearance last year.
It was while filming on the Costa Blanca that the singer-turned-actor fell in love with the country and decided to start house hunting.
“Shane and Christie are keeping their options open,” a source told the Olive Press. “They are pretty keen on the Calahonda area but are looking at villas, townhouses and beachside properties as well.”
Shane and Christie tied the knot in 2007 and the couple have three children aged between ten and five.
It is understood that their Costa del Sol pad will be used as a holiday home rather than a permanent residence.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36