MARBELLA is home to the most expensive street in Spain to rent a house.
According to a survey by property website idealista.com, a house on Calle Alcala in Marbella’s golf valley will set you back on average €38,950 a month.
Its most expensive property is an eye-watering €118,000 a month, or €3,806 per day.
It is this luxury villa, available for short-term lets only, that is said to have brought the street’s average up.
The 10-bedroom mansion comes complete with two presidential suites, each of which has a bathroom with its own en suite living room, terraces, a huge cinema, and a separate bungalow for the hired help, all set in a 4,000 square metre plot.
Avenida Tibidabo in Barcelona could only muster a distant second, with house rentals likely to cost you a cool €18,363 per month.
Sierra Blanca came third in the list with average monthly rentals reaching €16,300 while Guadalmina Baja, home to ex Spanish Prime Minister Jose Aznar, came a close fourth with €16,267.
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- POLE POSITION: Property market expanding in Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38