MARBELLA is home to the most expensive street in Spain to rent a house.
According to a survey by property website idealista.com, a house on Calle Alcala in Marbella’s golf valley will set you back on average €38,950 a month.
Its most expensive property is an eye-watering €118,000 a month, or €3,806 per day.
It is this luxury villa, available for short-term lets only, that is said to have brought the street’s average up.
The 10-bedroom mansion comes complete with two presidential suites, each of which has a bathroom with its own en suite living room, terraces, a huge cinema, and a separate bungalow for the hired help, all set in a 4,000 square metre plot.
Avenida Tibidabo in Barcelona could only muster a distant second, with house rentals likely to cost you a cool €18,363 per month.
Sierra Blanca came third in the list with average monthly rentals reaching €16,300 while Guadalmina Baja, home to ex Spanish Prime Minister Jose Aznar, came a close fourth with €16,267.
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02