THE former mayor of Marbella is being investigated over falsifying documents.
EX-PP mayor Angeles Munoz is being probed over claims she manipulating town planning rules in a shady deal over the town’s border with Benahavis.
A new boundary – which would have allowed for more construction, allegedly in-part on land owned by her Swedish developer husband Lars Broberg – was later annulled by the Junta.
A citizens’ platform claims the PGOU town planning document that went to the town hall for approval in 2009 was vastly different to the one that was sent out for public consultation.
Indeed a report sent to Marbella public prosecutor Julio Martinez Carazo showed there were 22 differences between the two documents.
Munoz said she has ‘no doubt’ that the approval process was carried out lawfully.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19