RACING legend Niki Lauda was the star guest at the official opening of San Roque’s new Casino Admiral.
Three-times Formula 1 winner Lauda, the only driver to win with Ferrari and McLaren, took to the roulette wheel after answering questions about his sport.
San Roque mayor Juan Carlos Ruiz Boix and other political dignitaries watched him cut the red ribbon on the new 10,000-meter-square casino.
“Technology and mechanics are changing the style of F-1 driving,” said Lauda, who was badly burned in a 1976 crash.
“Perhaps technology has advanced too much and this is harming the instinct and daring of the drivers.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00