CRISTIANO Ronaldo has opened his second hotel in what he hopes is the start of a future career in property.
While the 31-year-old said he sees himself playing football for another decade or so, he admitted the 82-room Lisbon dwelling forms part of his plan for life after the game.
“Life is not just about football,” the Real Madrid star said at the launch, immediately after flying home from a 1-1 draw against Eibar at home.
“Although football is my grand passion, I must start to think about the future.”
He added: “When I was young I had the dream of having my own hotel. Now I have two, and I am proud one of them is in Lisbon.”
Rooms at the Lisboa start at around €200 a night and can go up to €1,250 if you opt for the rooftop CR7 suite, which features a 48” HD TV, Playstation 4 with virtual reality games and cardio work-out equipment.
Some €15 million has been invested in the partnership between Ronaldo and Pestana and hotels have been planned for Madrid and New York.
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56