CRISTIANO Ronaldo has opened his second hotel in what he hopes is the start of a future career in property.
While the 31-year-old said he sees himself playing football for another decade or so, he admitted the 82-room Lisbon dwelling forms part of his plan for life after the game.
“Life is not just about football,” the Real Madrid star said at the launch, immediately after flying home from a 1-1 draw against Eibar at home.
“Although football is my grand passion, I must start to think about the future.”
He added: “When I was young I had the dream of having my own hotel. Now I have two, and I am proud one of them is in Lisbon.”
Rooms at the Lisboa start at around €200 a night and can go up to €1,250 if you opt for the rooftop CR7 suite, which features a 48” HD TV, Playstation 4 with virtual reality games and cardio work-out equipment.
Some €15 million has been invested in the partnership between Ronaldo and Pestana and hotels have been planned for Madrid and New York.
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27