ALWAYS looking for a new way to keep his regulars happy, Kees de Cock jumped at the opportunity to serve up red king crabs from the north of Norway.
And so impressed were his clients at Finca la Mota, in Alhaurin, last year, that he decided to set up a company to import the huge crustaceans, via a client, a fisherman, who has a holiday home nearby.
“This chap has been fishing them deep from the ocean for years and reckoned we should give it a try here,” explains Kees, a former Spanish and Moroccan tour guide.
“They are better than lobster and they went down so well we decided to set up a company to import them.”
Served up as a starter with rose island sauce, they arrived from Norway having been cooked and then frozen.
The business norcrab.es has been so successful that it has now expanded into quality naturally smoked salmon and other fishy delights.
He and his son Reuben have invested in a van and are now delivering up and down the Costa del Sol.
“We had no idea it was going to take off,” adds Kees. “But it definitely has.”
The pair are now gearing up for Christmas which they expect to be busy.
“We have the large size Norwegian King Crab (5L) and we can deliver to your home at €52 per kg.”
• For more information visit www.norcrab.es or call 609301035
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16