ALWAYS looking for a new way to keep his regulars happy, Kees de Cock jumped at the opportunity to serve up red king crabs from the north of Norway.
And so impressed were his clients at Finca la Mota, in Alhaurin, last year, that he decided to set up a company to import the huge crustaceans, via a client, a fisherman, who has a holiday home nearby.
“This chap has been fishing them deep from the ocean for years and reckoned we should give it a try here,” explains Kees, a former Spanish and Moroccan tour guide.
“They are better than lobster and they went down so well we decided to set up a company to import them.”
Served up as a starter with rose island sauce, they arrived from Norway having been cooked and then frozen.
The business norcrab.es has been so successful that it has now expanded into quality naturally smoked salmon and other fishy delights.
He and his son Reuben have invested in a van and are now delivering up and down the Costa del Sol.
“We had no idea it was going to take off,” adds Kees. “But it definitely has.”
The pair are now gearing up for Christmas which they expect to be busy.
“We have the large size Norwegian King Crab (5L) and we can deliver to your home at €52 per kg.”
• For more information visit www.norcrab.es or call 609301035
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05