ALWAYS looking for a new way to keep his regulars happy, Kees de Cock jumped at the opportunity to serve up red king crabs from the north of Norway.
And so impressed were his clients at Finca la Mota, in Alhaurin, last year, that he decided to set up a company to import the huge crustaceans, via a client, a fisherman, who has a holiday home nearby.
“This chap has been fishing them deep from the ocean for years and reckoned we should give it a try here,” explains Kees, a former Spanish and Moroccan tour guide.
“They are better than lobster and they went down so well we decided to set up a company to import them.”
Served up as a starter with rose island sauce, they arrived from Norway having been cooked and then frozen.
The business norcrab.es has been so successful that it has now expanded into quality naturally smoked salmon and other fishy delights.
He and his son Reuben have invested in a van and are now delivering up and down the Costa del Sol.
“We had no idea it was going to take off,” adds Kees. “But it definitely has.”
The pair are now gearing up for Christmas which they expect to be busy.
“We have the large size Norwegian King Crab (5L) and we can deliver to your home at €52 per kg.”
• For more information visit www.norcrab.es or call 609301035
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58