A HOST of famous faces having been swinging the irons on the Costa del Sol.
In the inaugural Ronan Keating Global Gift Golf Challenge, the Boyzone frontman was joined by The Hobbit actor James Nesbitt, ex-professional golfer Michael Campbell and ex-Reading footballer Stephen Hunt.
And while the Boyzone man was concentrating on beating his celebrity challengers on the Estepona Golf course, he said the main aim of the day was to raise money for charity.
“All proceeds from the event will be donated to Cudeca, the Global Gift Foundation and the Marie Keating Foundation as part of the 2016 Ronan Keating Charity Golf Series,” he said. “It is a great honour to be able to do these events.
“And what an incredible setting to be able to play in.”
After the event, Ronan took to the stage at a packed Gran Melia Don Pepe hotel where he played classic such as ‘Life is a rollercoaster’ and ‘You say it best’.
In the audience were more VIP guests including Britain’s Got Talent judge Alesha dixon and TV presenter Olivia Cox.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36