VIDEO footage has emerged of a Spaniard being attacked for speaking in his native tongue on a UK high street.
Tomas Gil, from Valencia, was talking to his girlfriend after a night out in Poole when he was set upon by a thug.
The 27 year old was overheard by Danial Way, who proceeded to rip a plank of wood off a building and smash it into Gil’s face.
He shouted during the attack: “Fucking Spanish, speak English!”
The incident was caught on CCTV and shows Gil fall to the ground after being hit.
He was briefly knocked unconscious and suffered cuts and bruises to his mouth.
Way was restrained by members of the public until he was arrested on May 19.
He has pleaded guilty to racially aggravated assault occasioning actual bodily harm and criminal damage.
Judge Brian Forster called Way’s behaviour ‘totally unacceptable’.
He said: “On the morning in question, you took part in what can only be considered to be totally gratuitous and unnecessary violence.”
Way was convicted to 12 months in prison and must complete 150 hours of unpaid work and carry out 25 rehabilitation activity days and pay his victim just short of €900.
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23