ARSENAL FC forward Alexis Sanchez has been accused of defrauding Spain’s public purse of €983,443.
Similar to Lionel Messi’s case earlier this year, it is Sanchez’s income from the sale of image rights that has come under scrutiny.
Between 2012 and 2013, when he was playing for Barcelona, Sanchez ceded his image rights to what Spanish authorities believe is an instrumental company in Malta in a bid to avoid declaring tax on the image rights in Spain.
Sanchez’s agent Fernando Felicevich said: “Alexis Sanchez has perfectly obeyed every one of the laws imposed by the countries where he has resided.
“We ask the press and public at large for the upmost respect until the completion of the ongoing administrative and judicial process.”
Lionel Messi and his father were sentenced to 21 months this July for a similar tax fraud involving €4.16 million.
The pair have appealed the decision but are unlikely to see a jail cell as terms under two years in Spain are usually suspended.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22