CHRISTMAS will come early for skiers when the Sierra Nevada’s slopes open this month.
The resort will open for the season on November 26, complete with new reworking of the black run La Visera.
The opening will signal the countdown to the anticipated 2017 Snowboard and Freestyle Ski Championships, which will take over the resort’s slopes from March 7 to 19.
According to Francisco Javier Fernández, Andalucia’s Councillor for Tourism and Sport, new snow breaks, snow guns and halfpipe competition lights have also been installed in the resort.
This is along with new credit card machines to reduce queue times for one-to-seven-day ski passes.
The exact skiing zone will be determined by experts in the next few days and will be used until the resort closes on April 30.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09