A 71-YEAR-OLD Scot found floating in a La Linea Marina has been named as Joseph Williams.
Guardia Civil officers confirmed the identity of the Dundee pensioner to the Olive Press on Tuesday morning.
Williams was found in the water on Sunday between bays eight and seven at Alcaidesa Marina, where his yacht had been moored.
Local yacht owners told the Olive Press Williams would spend six months of the year in the area before heading back to the UK.
One yacht owner at the Alcaidesa lounge bar told the Olive Press: “He had been drinking in a La Linea flat with friends beforehand then came in here for a drink.
“His mate offered to walk him back to his boat but he refused.”
Police were called just after midday on Sunday and an autopsy was due to take place on Monday.
A source told the Daily Record: “There was nothing at the scene that raised any immediate suspicion that the man died as the result of a crime but the post-mortem will tell police more.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00