HUNDREDS of Spanish families have launched a campaign to reclaim Cuban property snatched by Castro.
At least 260 are currently being represented by 1898 Company, an organisation founded to help Spaniards whose homes and land were expropriated after the communist revolution.
Jordi Cabarrocas, 1898 founder believes they are owed an estimated 2.34 million and is now helping them collect evidence to strengthen their claims.
He also wants to persuade 400 other families he believes were also deprived of their property to join the campaign.
The foundation insisted the families involved are more concerned about ‘gaining justice’ rather than financial gain.
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05