A GUNMAN has opened fire in a supermarket in Spain.
The attacker, who was reportedly carrying gasoline and gunpowder, walked into the Mercadona in As Lagoas in Northwest region of Ourense.
He opened fire into the air, causing nearby emergency services to swoop into the building.
The young man, who lives next door to the shop, is said to have psychological problems.
Luckily none were injured during the attack, which happened at around 2pm, but many were left shaken.
An employee told press of how he shouted the Arabic phrase for ‘God is great’ before he opened fire, but that claim has since been refuted by staff of the store.
Witnesses said there was panic and screaming before nearby officers shouted at them to move out of the way.
The attacker reportedly shot at police officer Carlos Perez, 38, who revealed he had to wait for back up.
Cops were able to detain him after he ran out of ammunition.
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19
- Iconic restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol divides opinion over sign declaring it ‘Spanish, Catholic and rightwing’ - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 16:54