A GUNMAN has opened fire in a supermarket in Spain.
The attacker, who was reportedly carrying gasoline and gunpowder, walked into the Mercadona in As Lagoas in Northwest region of Ourense.
He opened fire into the air, causing nearby emergency services to swoop into the building.
The young man, who lives next door to the shop, is said to have psychological problems.
Luckily none were injured during the attack, which happened at around 2pm, but many were left shaken.
An employee told press of how he shouted the Arabic phrase for ‘God is great’ before he opened fire, but that claim has since been refuted by staff of the store.
Witnesses said there was panic and screaming before nearby officers shouted at them to move out of the way.
The attacker reportedly shot at police officer Carlos Perez, 38, who revealed he had to wait for back up.
Cops were able to detain him after he ran out of ammunition.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14