A GUNMAN has opened fire in a supermarket in Spain.
The attacker, who was reportedly carrying gasoline and gunpowder, walked into the Mercadona in As Lagoas in Northwest region of Ourense.
He opened fire into the air, causing nearby emergency services to swoop into the building.
The young man, who lives next door to the shop, is said to have psychological problems.
Luckily none were injured during the attack, which happened at around 2pm, but many were left shaken.
An employee told press of how he shouted the Arabic phrase for ‘God is great’ before he opened fire, but that claim has since been refuted by staff of the store.
Witnesses said there was panic and screaming before nearby officers shouted at them to move out of the way.
The attacker reportedly shot at police officer Carlos Perez, 38, who revealed he had to wait for back up.
Cops were able to detain him after he ran out of ammunition.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31