There was a party atmosphere at the home match against Almeria earlier this month as swarms of fans watched Marbella win 31-21.
It came after the much-loved club had its bank account frozen due to a disputed property tax debt.
The uncertain future led the club to make the game free to attend so that fans could show their support.
Supporters donated via collection tins, and through buying merchandise and drinks in the clubhouse.
Fans held up signs stating ‘we are with Marbella Rugby Club’ and waved the club’s flags.
As well as its first team, the club has over 250 youngsters of all nationalities training every weekend.
Rugby clubs across the country have voiced their support, as well as international kit supplier Canterbury.
Marbella’s water polo and basketball team, who have also faced difficulties due to the lack of facilities in Marbella, also voiced their support.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19