RESIDENTS of Velez-Malaga are fed up with waiting for their theatre to be renovated.
A petition demanding work be started on the restoration of the Lope de Vega theatre has gained 5,100 signatures.
The council acquired the building for €500,000 in 2014, but renovation work has still not begun.
“We demand that the investment be speeded up in order to revitalise the area and regain its splendour,” said Fran Delgado, head of the neighbourhood association.
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00