POLICE are investigating a suspected group of serial dine and dashers.
It comes after a group of eaters ran off without paying for thousands of euros-worth of food in a northern Spanish restaurant last week.
El Carmen restaurant owner Antonio Rodriguez was left dumbfounded when around 120 diners bolted before dessert was served in Bembibre in Castille y Leon.
But now new information has emerged of a second restaurant, El Rincon de Pepin, just six miles away, which previously fell victim to the same type of incident.
Owner Laura Arias said: “There were 160 of them and they all disappeared. Suddenly. Within five minutes,”
“Usually people leave over time, and you expect someone to come to talk to you and say they will settle the bill the next morning or something. But they didn’t say anything, they just disappeared.”
Arias said the group owed €10,000 after paying only a €1,000 deposit for what they claimed was in celebration of a wedding.
She said she could tell from the photos that the same people carried out this crime on both occasions.
Witnesses have described the group members as being of eastern European descent.
Two ringleaders are thought to have been identified.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33