FEARS are growing for a missing British expat.
Ian Thompson, 63, from Estepona, has not been seen since 1am on March 3, when he was seen watching TV at his home.
Police launched a search over the weekend after being alerted by his Spanish partner, with his family describing his disappearance as ‘out of character.’
Hundreds have also taken to social media to urge people on the Costa del Sol to help find him but so far no news has been heard.
Thompson, originally from Maidenhead in Berkshire, failed to show up for work at DreamLife estate agents in Estepona last Friday.
His partner Claudia alerted police the following morning when he did not pick her up as planned after she had finished work.
He is believed to have left in his green Renault Laguna and with his mobile phone but has
left his bank cards behind.
Thompson is described as being 5’8″ tall and of slim to average build and is believed to be wearing a dark jacket and jeans.
He is said to have a good level of Spanish.
His son Robert, who lives in England, said: “We are extremely worried and are at a loss as to what to do..
“This is very out of character-he has never done anything like this before.”
Anyone with any information on his disappearance should call the police on 092.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09