The 22-year-old has become eligible to earn Ryder Cup points when qualifying begins on August 31.
It comes after he joined the European Tour as an affiliate member following his first PGA Tour title in the Farmers Insurance Open in January.
Rahm, from Barrika in the Basque country, was the world’s top ranked amateur while studying at Arizona state university, and has now soared to 38th in the world rankings.
“I have always wanted to play the Ryder Cup and I have always wanted to be a member of the European Tour,” Rahm said.
“I have obviously taken a different approach to tour life than a lot of other Europeans who went to college in the States, but I thought this was my best shot.
“I’m surprised I have been able to take this opportunity so early but it’s great to be able to join.”
Assuming Rahm will stay within the top 50, he will be allowed to compete in the first five events of the newly-launched Rolex Series that begins in May with the BMW PGA Championships.
Rahm now has a serious chance of being part of the European team at the next Ryder Cup, which will be held at Le Golf National in Paris.
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06