A WORLD-FAMOUS luxury hotel chain has announced a new project in Marbella.
The development of the hotel, expected to open in 2021, was agreed upon by Platinum Estates investment group in collaboration with the W chain.
It will occupy a stretch of beach at Real de Zaragoza and is rumoured to likely cost €300 million.
Rumours of the project had surfaced before the official announcement, but the two companies kept their intentions under wraps until the deal was signed in Hong Kong.
W forms part of the Starwood-Marriott conglomerate, and has a portfolio of more than 60 hotels across the world.
At the moment, there is only one hotel in Spain belonging to the chain, located in Barcelona.
However another one in Madrid is set to join it before the Marbella project is complete.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33