THREE Spanish restaurants have been ranked in the world’s top ten.
The annual World’s 50 Best Restaurants list sees Girona’s El Cellar de Can Roca claim third prize
Its highly revered compatriots – Asador Etxebarri in Axpe and Mugaritz in San Sebastian – claimed sixth and ninth position respectively.
Cellar de Can Roca has slipped one position from last year, while the Asador has climbed three.
Mugaritz also fell by two spots.
The best restaurant in the world was named as Eleven Madison Park in New York City, whose head chef and co-owner Daniel Humm visited Marbella to attend the star-studded A Cuatro Manos event last summer.
The list is created by Restaurant magazine and has gained in prominence among chefs since it began in 2002, now rivalling the longstanding Michelin guide.
Spain had the highest amount of restaurants in the top 10 and had six feature in the top 50 overall.
Tickets in Barcelona and Arzak in San Sebastian claimed 25th and 30th place respectively, while Azurmendi in Larrabetzu came in at 38th.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33