THE sight of Andalucia’s Easter processions is truly spectacular.
Far from the chocolate-led commercialised events in the UK, Spain’s Semana Santa Holy Week is very much still steeped in centuries’ old traditions.
What a precious honour it is to be able to share in this authentic cultural outpouring for British people, whose future right to live in this beautiful country is now unknown.
While everyone should delight in these celebrations, now is the time for Brits to soak up as many Spanish customs as they can.
And if that happens to mean late night street fiestas washed down with seasonal food and drink, all the better!
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58